Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: AnnoZone Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Coolfluf

Frisch Angeheuert

• »Coolfluf« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 13. Oktober 2006

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 13. Oktober 2006, 11:00

A stupid question!

Hi everyone,

Im not exactly fluent at German, so this is why Im posting a question that probably has been answered a thousand times earlier in German. My apoligies!! Its just that the vast majority of anno sites are German. You people seem to be the only ones with taste when it comes to gaming xD

Anyway:

Does Anno 1503 have a working, faultless, fine, bugless and well-running multiplayer-mod? It doesnt matter if its LAN only. I remember back in the days,
that we were so dissapointed that we couldnt play this multiplayer, but Im seeing all these threads now, so Im VERY curious!

Thanks in advance!

and again sorry ;)

XtC

Steuermann

Registrierungsdatum: 8. Juni 2004

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 13. Oktober 2006, 11:13

RE: A stupid question!

Zitat

Original von Coolfluf
Does Anno 1503 have a working, faultless, fine, bugless and well-running multiplayer-mod?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry, but no!

Thats only my opinion, wait a little and there is sombody who can tell you a answer in a better english as mine.
  Kennt ihr schon Hein?
Ich will wissen wer Hein ist!

Tom Sailor

Schatzjäger

Registrierungsdatum: 7. Juni 2003

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 13. Oktober 2006, 11:24

There is no easy answer to that question. Just recently, Sunflowers released another patch that updates the classic version (without the add-on) so that it is finally as stable as the classic + add-on. Even though it is still not officially unlocked, the multiplayer part is updated as well. It's said to run as well as never before but still with some flaws. So there are some things to pay attention to, otherwise the game crashes. Whether the patch works with the international version of ANNO or not has not been tested yet. Feel free to be the first and let us know about your observations!

Here you go :)
http://spiele.download.t-online.de/details/47437
  Tom :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tom Sailor« (13. Oktober 2006, 11:25)

Coolfluf

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 13. Oktober 2006, 11:31

Thanks a lot for the fast responses :)

I dont have Anno 1503 at hand, so I cant test it now, but I will as soon as I can find it!

Is there a link to the source, Tom Sailor? Not that I dont believe you, Id just like to show it to some friends ;)

So there's still a chance we might see a working version if I understand it!

Tom Sailor

Schatzjäger

Registrierungsdatum: 7. Juni 2003

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 13. Oktober 2006, 11:43

No problem mate :) Where do you come from actually?

I don`t have any source, I`m afraid. As far as I know, all you need to do is install the patch, open the annonettool.exe (which is in the ANNO folder), tick "multiplayer", and delete the "scenes.cache" and "insel.cache" (might be called different in the international version!?). But I guess there are people who are more familiar with all that :rolleyes:

Maybe you better contact Dobber (from the US) who is around in different ANNO related discussion boards, e.g. http://forum.sunflowers.de. There, they also have an English section :up:
  Tom :)

Dobber

Plankenstürmer

Registrierungsdatum: 5. März 2006

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 13. Oktober 2006, 17:07

Zitat

Originally posted by Coolfluf
Thanks a lot for the fast responses :)

I dont have Anno 1503 at hand, so I cant test it now, but I will as soon as I can find it!

Is there a link to the source, Tom Sailor? Not that I dont believe you, Id just like to show it to some friends ;)

So there's still a chance we might see a working version if I understand it!

Hello Coolfluf, Tom alerted me(over at the Sunflowers forum) about your concern here. I have actually played a bit of 1503 multiplay, and I have patched my English version game using the German patch. But I cannot take credit for either of these things, I just happened to be a willing guinea pig tester for another member of the Anno community. The person you really need to talk to is annokrat, he can help you in the right direction. I would be happy to share with you as much as I know about it though if annokrat is not available. You can find me at the link Tom gave!

Dobber

Coolfluf

Frisch Angeheuert

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 13. Oktober 2006, 17:07

Im Dutch xD

Which makes us family hahaha

annokrat

Schatzjäger

Registrierungsdatum: 15. November 2003

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 14. Oktober 2006, 13:52

hi dobber,

"...and I have patched my English version game using the German patch."

nice to read this. does it work? especially my modified texte.dat.

Coolfluf,
at the moment, mp-version of german patch 1.05 seems the best one. unfortunatly this patch wasn't released for international versions.
in my oppinion, it should be possible to run this patch on international versions after some modifications.
the only one, i know, to do some tests with international version is dobber., so i contacted him this week.
i don't know, if he was successful.

annokrat
  anno 1503, das beste anno aller zeiten.
anno 1701, das anno für ewige anfänger.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »annokrat« (14. Oktober 2006, 13:58)

Dobber

Plankenstürmer

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 15. Oktober 2006, 05:57

Hello annokrat,

Yes I was successful with the patch! Did you not get my message? I do not remember if I sent you a reply via email or via PM at the forum! I am currently working on English versions of the additional speech files! And I have been approached about sharing, at the Anno forum, the method for applying the patch to the English version. But I wanted to wait until I had talked with you before doing that.

I say I was successful, my version now displays on the game menu as ver,1.05.043.00. The game starts without the CD. The new speech files are in the speech folder. So I am assuming that everything was sucessful.

I am not exactly sure what I should notice about the modified texte.dat other than that the ingame text features would be in English rather than German.

Is there anything in particular I need to be looking for?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dobber« (15. Oktober 2006, 05:58)

annokrat

Schatzjäger

Registrierungsdatum: 15. November 2003

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 15. Oktober 2006, 17:10

sorry, didn't get any messege.

as far as i know, texte.dat contains ingame text, nothing else.
but it could be annoying if you get german language displayed in an international version.

texte.dat of 1.05 has 2 additional lines comparing it to addon. 1.05 is a kind of limited addon-version, so everyone has to have this modified texte.dat, too.

feel free to share your information about installing patch 1.05 on international version. if people will create modified texte.dat using their language, this patch should also work on other language versions of 1503.
i count on your help, because you're the onlyone, who has knowlege of installing uk-addon on us-classic and installing german patch 1.05 on us-classic.

next step should be activating mp in international classic versions...
btw, what about your computer? did you purchase a new one? :D
i'll run yim next few days.

annokrat

edit:
Coolfluf,
if you're interested in installing patch 1.05 on your language version and running multiplay of classic-version 1.05, contact me.
  anno 1503, das beste anno aller zeiten.
anno 1701, das anno für ewige anfänger.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »annokrat« (15. Oktober 2006, 17:15)

Dobber

Plankenstürmer

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 16. Oktober 2006, 03:19

Zitat

Originally posted by annokrat
btw, what about your computer? did you purchase a new one? :D
i'll run yim next few days.

I have a newly rebuilt/refurbished one!
P4 - 2.66ghz processor
1 gb - DDR ram