Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: AnnoZone Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Phillip The Great

Frisch Angeheuert

• »Phillip The Great« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 29. Dezember 2007

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Oktober 2004, 18:50

1602 Editor - 50 Island Limit

Hi everyone,

I need help. ?( The manual for the US Version states clearly that there is a maximum 50 Island limit. When in Editor mode, if you try to place a 51st island, it will act like it is placing it and then the lines disappear and there is no island :heul:

So that there is no misunderstanding, I know there is more than enough room for 80 or more 30 x 30 islands.

My issue is what is the "secret" for getting more than 50 on the map. There are 2 scenarios out that have more than 50 islands according to others and I saw one about 2 years ago. I never thought I would need to know how to do it! :scratch:

I have scenarios that need it now and it is very frustrating :aua:

Please help,
PhilliptheGreat
  His Amazing Grace allows me my place!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Phillip The Great« (4. Oktober 2004, 19:04)

W-O-D

Team AnnoZone

Registrierungsdatum: 3. Februar 2003

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Oktober 2004, 19:23

Hello Phillip, and welcome on Bo(a)rd :))

Don't be frustated, if thers's an solution someone will post it here. :hey:
  Ich will meinen Scout zurück :keule:

Budgie

SeeBär

Registrierungsdatum: 22. Mai 2003

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Oktober 2004, 20:08

D'Oh! Didn't even know that there is a limit...
  The horror of reality is beyond all imagination.

FrankB

Boardsmutje

Registrierungsdatum: 14. Dezember 2003

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Oktober 2004, 20:28

Well, there is indeed a hint in the manual at chapter 11.5.4... :D

But the wording is that "the game speed in scenarios which reach the maximum number of 50 islands will not be satisfying for you" (@PhilliptheGreat: this is just my translation of my German manual).

Maybe that modern computers can handle more than 50 islands (if they are allowed by the game), but if I imagine that I would have to explore 50 (or even more) small islands... :silly:

Robbie47

Meereskenner

Registrierungsdatum: 12. September 2003

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2004, 14:16

I never have seen a scenario that had so many islands! The thing is, these little islands cannot be used by the AI (Computerplayers), so they will never expand. No fun, no game...
  ....Gruß ,Robbie

Phillip The Great

Frisch Angeheuert

• »Phillip The Great« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 29. Dezember 2007

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2004, 18:19

Thanks for replying - keep trying.

Thanks for the encouragement W-O-D!

Budgie, don't sweat the small stuff .... it's not a D'oh, just hasn't been lots of need for that many islands until our machines got so fast that it justified it.

And FrankB is right, my original post stated the manual says there is a limit of 50, but I can definitely state that SOMEONE has figured out a way to by-pass that limit. I just don't know who, where, or what technique they are using. Exploration on one of my 50 island gamesends up with you exploring about 1/2 of the islands because of the way it is designed (see below).

Robbie47, from the thought process of AI players, you are exactly right. I've designed scens so long and played so many other folks' that are so similar with the same old ideas re-vamped that I started looking for a new concept in Editing! Hence new designs that involve so many islands are almost all 2, 3, and 4 player games. One of them that is already finished except for adding the extra islands has a nice blend of already established pirates and indians. Just to give a general idea of what I mean, I am in the middle of building many games that are designed on the premises of worldwide favorite board games. Therefore, I need the islands to build perfect duplicates. Not all of them can be short-cutted like my "Chess Anyone", which would have been nice to have the 64 "squares" of the board, but because of the story line I wrote for it, it worked perfectly with an even 50 islands and has proven to be an exhaustingly fun game with a very unique twist (some find that twist irritating, but most think, "damn, can't do what I planned because of that twist, got to play this smarter". It adds an element that makes you pay more attention to what you are doing!

But, when you make games have the element of strategy of the old games with the concept of 1602 in multi-player mode, you create something that proves to be more than a little fun, it can be a down-right hard as hell fun challenge. I'm looking for testers for an abbreviated version (again, due to the Island limit issue) of my new "Chinese Checkers for 4". We have started testing it with a local network, but the time it takes and the curves you can be thrown during it make it very hard to get far before someone has to leave. Saves are a little too frequent (college students and professionals that can't play long at a time). I have no problem and actually prefer the other players being mostly or entirely human. It takes all of the rules for getting the AI to cooperate and grow and throws them out the window. This also eliminates predictability, a typical short-coming of AI.

Hopefully, someone will find the people or person who knows this "secret". I have a bad feeling that it will eventually turn out that they made their own "utility" to do it. That's fine, I'll use it in a heart-beat. But if that is the case, it may end up being VERY hard to find. Any ideas?

Thank you all so much and please friends, keep helping me and looking for it.

Phillip
  His Amazing Grace allows me my place!